2023 Food Vendor Application is closed!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a food vendor in the 2023 Pine Island Cheese Festival!
Please take a moment to review the below information for complete details on how you can participate in this
year’s event, planned for June 2-4, 2023.
The Pine Island Cheese Festival will take place at the Trailhead Park in Pine Island, Minnesota. This is an
outdoor festival that will be held rain or shine. Annual attendance at the festival is estimated at over 5,000 for
the weekend. Up to 20 booth spaces will be available for food vendors, depending on available space.
1. Complete the Food Vendor Application by April 16, 2023, to be considered for participation.
2. The Cheese Festival Committee will then review all applications and select which applications will be
approved for space.
The committee’s decision is based on the needs of the festival and is final.
3. Vendors will be notified of their acceptance or denial in a timely manner.
4. Accepted vendors will receive a confirmation packet and set up information in April.
General Rules and Regulations
1. All food vendors are responsible for their own booth set up.
2. No generators will be allowed unless there is a loss of power to festival grounds.
3. No booth sharing is allowed.
4. Each vendor is responsible for securing their booth. The Festival is not responsible for any loss or theft that
5. Vendors are responsible for removing any trash or food waste/products from their booth area. Vendors are
expected to use the dumpsters that will be provided. Vendors are prohibited from dumping their waste products
in the small waste bins that are available for customers.
6. Vendors must notify the festival immediately of cancellation. Refunds, minus a $25 processing fee, will be
issued for cancellations prior to April 1. No refunds will be given for cancellations after this date.
7. Vendors must provide their full menu as part of the application.
8. Vendors will only be allowed to sell the menu items that are approved by the festival. If a vendor is found to
be selling alternate items, they will be asked to cease and desist the sale of those products immediately. If this is
refused, vendors will be required to leave immediately without refund and will not be considered for
participation in future Cheese Festival events.
9. Carnival has all rights to corn dogs, mini doughnuts and cotton candy. Any vendor selling these items will be
asked to cease and desist the sale of those products immediately. If this is refused, vendors will be required to
leave immediately without refund and will not be considered for participation in future Cheese Festival events.
10. Vendors must abide by all regulations as outlined by the State of Minnesota for Food Vendors.
11. This is an outdoor festival that takes place rain or shine.
12. Vendors must adhere to the setup time window as assigned. Failure to set up during the setup time assigned
may result in a fine of $75.
13. Vendors will have all cars/ vehicles removed from grounds by 10:00 am each day. Vendors will be open for
business the following hours: Friday 4:30-11:00pm, Saturday 11:00am to 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00am to
14. All vendors must follow local and state health regulations as well as electrical and plumbing codes. The
food committee reserves the right to remove any booth from the festival that is not following necessary codes or
regulations, including unapproved hoses and cords.
15. No vendor shall empty, dump, pour, spill, or leak ANY substance onto any sidewalk, portable toilet, grass,
lawn, street or body of water, including storm sewers for rain or the river itself, for any reason (this includes hot
coffee, cold coffee, soapy water, grease (hot or cold), or ice water). Violations of this rule will be subject vendor
to a fine of $2,500.00 by the Pine Island Cheese Festival, the vendor will be required to leave immediately
without refund, and an indefinite suspension from any future invitations to any Cheese Festival sponsored
16. If vendor has a heating appliance for the purpose of cooking, then vendor shall have a fully charged and
operable fire extinguisher. All vendors who have electrical appliances shall take precautions required by the
Uniform Building Code and the State Inspectors to avoid electrical shock to themselves and their customers.
17. Vendor shall submit a copy of their insurance certificate, evidencing general liability coverage of not less
than $1,000,000 (one million dollars) naming Pine Island Cheese Festival and City of Pine Island as additional
named insureds. If an insurance certificate evidencing proper limits of insurance and listing the above named as
additional named insureds is not provided, vendor will not be allowed to set up and the fee will be forfeited. If
you have employees, you must have Workman’s Compensation Insurance and provide a copy of insurance
coverage; this can be shown on the certificate of liability insurance.
18. Vendors who handle food in any form shall have, on location, a means of washing hands with soap and
water, and disposable towels. Vendor shall be required to comply with all “Standards for Itinerant Food Stands”
as set forth by the Minnesota Department of Health.
19. If rules are not followed, booth entrants will not be allowed to return to a future event and may be required
to leave immediately without refund.
20. Overnight camping has limited availability in Pine Island. We recommend Hidden Meadows RV Park,
Shades of Sherwood Campground, Tilly’s American Traveler RV Park, or the Goodhue County Fairgrounds in
Important Electrical Information
Please be advised that all vendors at festivals and events such as Pine Island Cheese Festival are subject
to inspection by the Minnesota State Electrical Inspector.
Power connections are in limited supply. Please be as specific as possible regarding your electrical needs for the
Pine Island Cheese Festival. Power requirements of the vendor applicants will be taken into consideration for
acceptance. You will only be allowed to connect to the amount of power noted and paid for with your
application, under the direction of festival set-up personnel.
Minnesota Department of Health Information
The State of Minnesota requires that all food vendors at events such as Pine Island Cheese Festival have a
vending license. If you do not have a Food Vendor License, please contact the Minnesota Department of
Health; specify that you are in need of a Special Event Food Stand License and have your food item information
ready. Your license will need to be displayed in your unit during the Pine Island Cheese Festival.
MN ST-19 Operator Certificate of Compliance
We are required by the State of Minnesota to get written evidence that people who do business at shows such as
the Pine Island Cheese Festival have a valid Minnesota Tax ID number. If a seller is not required to have a
Minnesota Tax ID number, the seller must give the operator a written statement in the form of an Operator
Certificate of Compliance.
Liability Insurance Waiver
It is hereby agreed and understood that the vendor will carry the necessary licenses and insurance covering
booths, equipment and other property used by the vendor during the Pine Island Cheese Festival and hereby
exonerates Pine Island Cheese Festival, all committees, the City of Pine Island, and officials and members of
these names, from all liability of any nature while said business is conducted.
• 10 x 20: $475
• 10 x 30: $525
• 10 x 40: $575
• 110V $40 Each Please specify cord length (you must supply your own cord)
• 220V $60 Each Please specify cord length (you must supply your own cord)
Water Hook up Fee
• $40 Per Hose (You must supply your own hose)
Note: 1 space per trailer
• All fees must be paid with this application; the deadline for applications to be received by our
committee is April 16, 2023. (even if mailing)
• No applications will be accepted or considered without full payment. If you are not selected as a
vendor, your check/payment will be returned to you.
To register online as a food vendor, please complete the form below.
2023 Cheese Festival Food Vendors
Friday, June 2 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday, June 3 10:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday, June 4 10:00am - 4:00pm